I'm always veganizing recipes that I love...so...I'm working my way
through all of the amazing recipes in Julia Child's
Mastering the Art of French Cooking...
...making a Vegan Version of each one...... sometimes successfully - sometimes not...Recipe Count 518/524 (from Julie's count)...but really 629

Tuesday, April 18, 2023

Vegan Crème Sainte-Anne au Caramel

[Vegan Macaroon Cup Custards]

...this is a variation of the VEGAN CRÈME RENVERSÉE AU CARAMEL...
...and for the pulverized macaroons...I just used almonds and coconut...
...gave them a whirl in the food processor... and spread them on a pan...
...and baked them until fragrant and golden...
...then make the crème caramel...
...cook until nice and thick...
...I'm probably not going to unmold these ramekins...but make sure your custard is thick so you won't have a puddle if you do...
...Julia specifies 2 tablespoons of crumbled macaroons...
...add your custard...there's no need to bake this custard further in the oven though...
...she give several options for other toppings...crème anglaise...strawberry or raspberry sauce...or peach halves...none of which sounded good to me...
...so I just added some more of the crumbled vegan macaroon mixture...
...and I did not 'renversé'...but we just ate the custards out of the ramekins...still warm...and they were delicious...

Substitutions

...all of the subs from the VEGAN CRÈME RENVERSÉE AU CARAMEL......almond milk for the milk...
...flaxseed goo and cornstarch for the egg yolks and eggs... ...vegan sugar for the sugar...
...almonds and coconut for the macaroons...

Recipe here: Mastering the Art of French Cooking

p. 611

No comments:

Post a Comment