I'm always veganizing recipes that I love...so...I'm working my way
through all of the amazing recipes in Julia Child's
Mastering the Art of French Cooking...
...making a Vegan Version of each one...... sometimes successfully - sometimes not...Recipe Count 518/524 (from Julie's count)...but really 629

Tuesday, May 3, 2022

Vegan Poireaux à la Grecque

[Vegan Leeks a la Grecque]

...Julia says that "Any of the... vegetables may be prepared à la Grecque. "...and these are all served cold...which is a bit odd for me anyway...I almost think I'd prefer them warm...
...Julia gives specific instructions for washing and trimming the leeks...making sure you get rid of all the 'grit'...and ours were quite sandy...
...then you'll need a recipe of Vegan Court Bouillon...and you just pour that over the leeks...
...cover and bake 30 to 40 minutes...which may seem like a long time...but I'd say these leeks were pretty perfectly done...
...and really quite a simple and delicious dish...

Substitutions

NONE...

Recipe here: Mastering the Art of French Cooking (p. 539)

1 comment:

  1. They look so perfect!!!
    I call them "poireaux braisés" and i looooove them!
    Cooking them for 40 minutes is not too much! They get so tender.... you can spread them on a croûton!
    Thank you for reminding me to make some soon!!!

    ReplyDelete