I'm always veganizing recipes that I love...so...I'm working my way
through all of the amazing recipes in Julia Child's
Mastering the Art of French Cooking...
...making a Vegan Version of each one...... sometimes successfully - sometimes not...Recipe Count 518/524 (from Julie's count)...but really 629

Tuesday, February 25, 2020

VEGAN CANETON POÊLÉ AUX NAVETS

[Casserole Roasted Duck with Turnips]
...you've seen me use this canned vegan duck before...
...Julia says...while the duck is cooking prepare the turnips...but my vegan duck is already cooked...so I par-boiled them for about 5 minutes...
...and then added them with the rather too realistic looking duck pieces in a casserole with some bay leaf...
...and I put my herb bouquet in my tea ball as I usually do...
...covered with foil and into the oven...
...baste a few times as it bakes...
...Julia gives a few other instructions about arranging and degreasing that we didn't need...
...and we served it with sweet potatoes and fresh braised spinach...
...it was delicious...

Substitutions:

Vegan Duck...that's all...(you could sub, baked tofu or seitan instead if you wanted - the duck might be hard to find....I got it at an Asian grocery)...

Mastering the Art of French Cooking (pp. 279 - 280)

1 comment:

  1. Interesting - and weird that the "duck" looks like "duck"! Glad it was good. I haven't had much luck with those substitutes. Love, K

    ReplyDelete