I'm always veganizing recipes that I love...so...I'm working my way
through all of the amazing recipes in Julia Child's
Mastering the Art of French Cooking...
...making a Vegan Version of each one...... sometimes successfully - sometimes not...Recipe Count 518/524 (from Julie's count)...but really 629

Tuesday, October 16, 2018

Vegan Sauce Duxelles

[Vegan Brown Mushroom Sauce]

Julia only says that this sauce is "for broiled or sautéed chicken, veal, rabbit, or for egg dishes, hot meat leftovers, or pastas"

...and I think this would be a really good sauce to mix with some vegan cream to make a sort of vegan stroganoff...
...finely chop some mushrooms...and saute them with some onions
...then make a VEGAN SAUCE BRUN
...add a little bit of wine...and tomato sauce...and the mushrooms...

Substitutions:

Vegan Butter for the Butter
Better than Boullion for the stock...

Mastering the Art of French Cooking (p. 74)

No comments:

Post a Comment