I'm always veganizing recipes that I love...so...I'm working my way
through all of the amazing recipes in Julia Child's
Mastering the Art of French Cooking...
...making a Vegan Version of each one...... sometimes successfully - sometimes not...Recipe Count 518/524 (from Julie's count)...but really 629

Tuesday, July 17, 2018

VEGAN BEURRE BERCY

[Vegan Shallot Butter with White Wine]

...another one of Julia's flavored butters...she suggest this one with steaks, burgers, liver and as an enrichment of brown sauces...

...I'll probably use it like I used the Vegan Beurre de Moutarde...as a sandwich spread...I think it will be good like that and give a lot of flavor...
...you start by boiling some white wine with the shallots, vegan stock, and pepper until the liquid has reduced to about 1 ½ tablespoons and the let it cool...
...then you cream the vegan butter...we used Earth Balance...
...then add the shallot mixture...a tablespoon at a time...
...it was a little bit messy...
...but it turned out perfectly...creamy and very flavorful...

Substitutions:

Vegan Butter for the Butter
Vegan stock...we used Washington's

Mastering the Art of French Cooking (p. 105)

2 comments:

  1. interesting, looks like it would be good on "Texas Toast".

    love, K

    ReplyDelete