I'm always veganizing recipes that I love...so...I'm working my way
through all of the amazing recipes in Julia Child's
Mastering the Art of French Cooking...
...making a Vegan Version of each one...... sometimes successfully - sometimes not...Recipe Count 518/524 (from Julie's count)...but really 629

Wednesday, May 3, 2017

VEGAN POMMES DE TERRE Á L'HUILE

[French Potato Salad - sliced potatoes in oil and vinegar dressing]

...Julia says this potato salad is prepared while the potatoes are warm so that they will absorb the oil and vinegar...
...so I cooked my scrubbed potatoes...
...and sliced them...Julia says that they should slice without crumbling...
...poured over a good white wine...
...and made the dressing...vinegar, lemon, mustard, salt and oil...
...whisk together and add some chives...
...pour the dressing over the potatoes...
...and toss gently to combine...

...I loved the flavor of this salad and I really liked it still warm...Julia says you can serve it warm or chilled...I'm going to chill this because I'm using it for a Salad Niçoise...but it's really good on it's own...

Substitutions:
NONE if you use white wine instead of vermouth and stock
Recipe here: Scribd and then search for Mastering the Art of French Cooking p. 542

1 comment: