I'm always veganizing recipes that I love...so...I'm working my way
through all of the amazing recipes in Julia Child's
Mastering the Art of French Cooking...
...making a Vegan Version of each one...... sometimes successfully - sometimes not...Recipe Count 518/524 (from Julie's count)...but really 629

Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Vegan Babas au Rhum

[Rum Babas]

...so you take your VEGAN BABAS...still slightly warm...and make a Rum flavored syrup to pour over them...
...arrange the BABAS in a dish...
...and mix water and sugar...
...take a skewer and prick the tops in several places...
...my Babas were pretty airy...but I added several holes with a skewer...
...bring the water and sugar to a bowl...
...remove it from heat...and add some Rum...
...let it cool to lukewarm...
...pour the syrup over the Babas...
...then let them soak for a half hour...basting frequently...
...then drain them on a wire rack...

...and step two is complete...

Substitutions:

None...but you do need previously prepared VEGAN PÂTE À BABA ET BABAS...and they need to be either still warm or re-warmed...

Recipe here: Mastering the Art of French Cooking pp. 660-661

No comments:

Post a Comment