I'm always veganizing recipes that I love...so...I'm working my way
through all of the amazing recipes in Julia Child's
Mastering the Art of French Cooking...
...making a Vegan Version of each one...... sometimes successfully - sometimes not...Recipe Count 518/524 (from Julie's count)...but really 629

Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Sauce Aurore

[Béchamel with Tomato Flavoring]

...remember at the end of the post about the VEGAN GNOCCHI DE POMMES DE TERRE...I put a couple of baggies of plain gnocchi in the freezer...and since I'm trying to use up everything in the chest freezer as part of our spring cleaning around here...we got one of those baggies out over the weekend and made another sauce recipe...
...this is just the VEGAN SAUCE BÉCHAMEL with some tomato paste and herbs added... ...you just start stirring in tomato paste...
...until you achieve the colour you desire...
...then you add some vegan butter...we used Earth Balance...
...and some herbs of your choice...we used basil and parsley...
...just poured it over the warmed gnocchi...
...and served...
...it was so creamy and good...not really like any tomato sauce I've had before...I really liked it...

Substitutions:

Vegan butter for the butter - we used Earth Balance
Vegan milk - we used almond milk


Recipe here: Mastering the Art of French Cooking
p. 62

1 comment:

  1. yum, yum!! and a good way to clean out the freezer!

    love, k

    ReplyDelete