I'm always veganizing recipes that I love...so...I'm working my way
through all of the amazing recipes in Julia Child's
Mastering the Art of French Cooking...
...making a Vegan Version of each one...... sometimes successfully - sometimes not...Recipe Count 518/524 (from Julie's count)...but really 629

Saturday, September 14, 2013

Vegan Soufflé Vendôme

[Vegan Soufflé with Poached Eggs]

...I posted how to make the Vegan Poached Eggs over at Affectioknit...they're fun to make...

...this recipe is so very like the last one...it's just a VARIATION listed below the original...
...and the directions are just to prepare the soufflé mixture as in the Master recipe...
...then turn half of it into the prepared mold...
...arrange the poached egg over the soufflé...
...I was using single serving ramekins...so one vegan egg per ramekin...
...then cover with the remaining soufflé mixture...and proceed as before...

...although this was kinda neat...I think I preferred the soufflé without the vegan 'poached eggs'...

Substitutions:

same as the previous recipe:

Earth Balance for the butter
EnerG mixed with Flax seed goo for the eggs
Daiya Vegan Cheese for the cheddar cheese
Vegan Parmesan for the Parmesan cheese
Self-Rising Flour for the flour
and vegan poached eggs for the poached eggs
Vegan milk for the milk...I used Almond milk...but I'm fairly certain that soymilk would work just as well...

Recipe here: Mastering the Art of French Cooking

p. 165

1 comment:

  1. I have never heard of a Souffle with an egg in the center. Interesting recipe! I still need to try both the souffle and egg!

    ReplyDelete