I'm always veganizing recipes that I love...so...I'm working my way
through all of the amazing recipes in Julia Child's
Mastering the Art of French Cooking...
...making a Vegan Version of each one...... sometimes successfully - sometimes not...Recipe Count 518/524 (from Julie's count)...but really 629

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Vegan Gelée d'Abricot

[Apricot Glaze]

Julia says that "apricot (or red currant) glaze is painted on top of a tart to give brilliance and glitter"

...so I mixed the apricot jam with some sugar...

...stirred with a wooden spatula...

...being careful not to boil it above 225 - or it will make hard candy...

...it was pretty sticky as it was - but very 'brilliant'...

Substitutions: None

1 comment:

  1. Made this today, it looked nothing like yours!!!! But, it was very delish.

    Also made Damson Slump, also very good. Special treat as today is our 42nd wedding anniversary!

    Who'd a thunk it!

    ReplyDelete