I'm always veganizing recipes that I love...so...I'm working my way
through all of the amazing recipes in Julia Child's
Mastering the Art of French Cooking...
...making a Vegan Version of each one...... sometimes successfully - sometimes not...Recipe Count 518/524 (from Julie's count)...but really 629

Tuesday, August 1, 2023

Vegan Petits Oignons en Garniture

[Vegan Vegetable Mixtures] - not sure why it's translated this way...I'd probably say something like Vegan Baby (or Little) Onion Garnish

...Julia just says that "Braised onions go nicely mixed with other vegetables such as glazed carrots, sauteed mushrooms, artichoke hearts, and sauteed potatoes."
...so I'm using the carrots and parsnips from my sweet Brother and SIL's garden...along with a potato...
...and then just braising those all together using the master recipe...
...it makes a pretty and delicious smelling sort of vegetable stew...
...served as an accompaniment to marinated tofu, broccoli and a salad...
...it was really delicious...I'll definitely be making this again...

Substitutions

vegan butter for the butter

Recipe here: Mastering the Art of French Cooking p. 484

1 comment:

  1. That looks like a dish made for fall weather! Love, K

    ReplyDelete