I'm always veganizing recipes that I love...so...I'm working my way
through all of the amazing recipes in Julia Child's
Mastering the Art of French Cooking...
...making a Vegan Version of each one...... sometimes successfully - sometimes not...Recipe Count 518/524 (from Julie's count)...but really 629

Tuesday, November 8, 2022

Vegan Farce de Porc

[Vegan Pork and Herb Stuffing] ...I thought I'd try this recipe out before Thanksgiving...the one right above it looks good too...Farce aux Herbes...so I may try that one too...
...Julia says to use fresh white bread crumbs...so I got some frozen hot dog buns out of the freezer...always trying to use things up before they go too long...
...so...I just crumbled those up...and mixed up some vegan bouillon and poured that over...then you let it soak...and drain it in a sieve...Julia says you can save the bouillon for your sauce...
...then I took two forks and crumbled up some vegan porc cutlets...
...finely minced an onion...
...and as you often do...sauteed until translucent and not browned...
...got out my herbes...Julia suggests 1/4 tsp. of ground rosemary, sage, or thyme and 1/4 cup minced parsley...I didn't add any rosemary though...
...and oddly a pinch of allspice...so I added a small pinch...it's a pretty strong flavor...and it didn't want it to be an allspice stuffing...
...and then you just mix everything together...
...we served it over the vegan pork cutlets with sweet potatoes and broccoli...
...it's a pretty delicious stuffing...I'd make it again...

Substitutions:

Vegan pork for the pork
vegan butter
Vegan bouillon

Recipe here: Mastering the Art of French Cooking (p. 336)

2 comments:

  1. Interesting. I bet the Impossible sausage would be good crumbled in that dressing as well. Love, K

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks perfect! Love everything about it!

    ReplyDelete