I'm always veganizing recipes that I love...so...I'm working my way
through all of the amazing recipes in Julia Child's
Mastering the Art of French Cooking...
...making a Vegan Version of each one...... sometimes successfully - sometimes not...Recipe Count 518/524 (from Julie's count)...but really 629

Tuesday, April 16, 2019

Vegan Artichauts Printaniers

[Vegan Artichokes braised with Carrots, Onions, Turnips, and Mushrooms]

...this recipe is a variation of VEGAN ARTICHAUTS BRAISÈS À LA PROVENÇALE...and you basically just add some veggies to it...
...cut up some turnips...
...and onions...
...carrots...
...and mushrooms...I used shitake...and you only use the tops...
...cook the onions without browning...
...add two cloves of garlic...mine were small so I used three...
...add the carrots...
...mushrooms...
...turnips...
...then add some white wine vinegar...
...and some white wine...
...add some herbs...bay leaf and thyme...I used my tea ball instead of cheesecloth...
...and then add some vegan beef broth...
...and the artichoke bottoms...
...cover with a disc of waxed paper...
...and bake for 1 1/2 hours...
...this was herb-y and good...an awful lot of trouble though...and as it's name suggests...it's perfect for springtime...

Substitutions:

Vegan beef broth...

Mastering the Art of French Cooking (pp. 427 - 428)

1 comment:

  1. Hey!
    thank you for the awesome share. if you have the time visit my blog veganvege.com

    ReplyDelete