I'm always veganizing recipes that I love...so...I'm working my way
through all of the amazing recipes in Julia Child's
Mastering the Art of French Cooking...
...making a Vegan Version of each one...... sometimes successfully - sometimes not...Recipe Count 518/524 (from Julie's count)...but really 629

Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Vegan Filets de Poisson Gratinés à la Parisienne

[Vegan Fish Filets Poached in White wine; Vegan Cream and Vegan Egg Yolk Sauce]

...when I originally made VEGAN FILETS DE (Tofu) POISSON POCHÉS AU VIN BLANC...I used tofu for the fish...
...but this time I'm using Fishless Filets...
...but you can see that they are breaded...and this recipe calls for poached fish...
...so I just defrosted the filets...and peeled the breading off...

...and then proceeded with the master recipe for poaching...
...drain the poaching liquid and reduce it...
...then add some flour...
...butter...I used Earth Balance...Julia says to add milk...and I could have added vegan milk at this point...but I had plenty of Cashew Cream...so I just used that instead...

...oh...and flax seed goo for the egg yolks...
...boil rapidly for about a minute...then thin with more vegan cream if you need to...
...by accident I added my poached filets back to the cream sauce...
...but you were supposed to put them in a gratin dish and pour the sauce over...so I redid it that way...

...Julia says you can add any of several shellfish garnitures at this point...but I added some mushrooms...and I'll tell you all about them next time...
...I used some Daiya Swiss for the cheese...
...just grated and sprinkled over the top...
...dotted with Earth Balance...
...and just before serving...run under the broiler to brown the top of the sauce...

...it was really creamy and delicious...

Substitutions:
Earth Balance for Butter
Cashew Cream for the Cream
Flax Seed Goo for the egg yolks
Daiya Swiss Cheese for the Swiss Cheese
Gardein Fishless Filets for the Fish

Recipe here: Mastering the Art of French Cooking

p. 211-212

No comments:

Post a Comment