I'm always veganizing recipes that I love...so...I'm working my way
through all of the amazing recipes in Julia Child's
Mastering the Art of French Cooking...
...making a Vegan Version of each one...... sometimes successfully - sometimes not...Recipe Count 518/524 (from Julie's count)...but really 629

Tuesday, September 20, 2016

FUMET DE CHAMPIGNONS

[Mushroom Essence]

...Julia says that Mushroom Essence is simply the reduction of the cooking liquid from the Stewed Mushrooms and is used as a concentrated flavoring for sauces...

...she even says you can use canned mushroom...shocker...I know...
...the only instructions are to drain the CHAMPIGNONS À BLANC
...and then you just boil that down until it's almost a syrup...
...Julia even says that if you're not going to be using it right away you can freeze it...so that's what we did...I'll let you know when I take it out and use it...

Substitutions:
None

Recipe here: Mastering the Art of French Cooking p. 512

No comments:

Post a Comment