I'm always veganizing recipes that I love...so...I'm working my way
through all of the amazing recipes in Julia Child's
Mastering the Art of French Cooking...
...making a Vegan Version of each one...... sometimes successfully - sometimes not...Recipe Count 518/524 (from Julie's count)...but really 629

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Vegan Mayonnaise Verte

[Green Herbal Mayonnaise]

I've made mayonnaise Julia's way before - and this recipe just calls for the addition of a green herb purée - and Julia suggests that you serve this with eggs...

..so I chopped up some spinach, green onion, water-cress - but for the parsley and tarragon - I had to use dried herbs because that's what I had...

...then you just cook that together for a couple of minutes...

...and then force the soft leaves through a fine mesh seive - this was pretty time-consuming and she does say you can use a blender - but I was making the mayonnaise by hand - I think next time I will try the blender version for this...

...then you just mix the purée with the freshly made mayonnaise and you get a lovely green herbed sauce...

...now on to those eggs...

Recipe Link here

Substitutions:
Vegan Mayonnaise

1 comment:

  1. Can you grow sorrell? It is similar to spinach but with a lemony tang. It would be splendid in this recipe.

    (There is a reference to sorrell at the start of 'Seven Brides for Seven Brothers' where Adam takes his bride to the farm.) Pontipee - do you think it was a corruption of 'points des pieds'?

    ReplyDelete