I'm always veganizing recipes that I love...so...I'm working my way
through all of the amazing recipes in Julia Child's
Mastering the Art of French Cooking...
...making a Vegan Version of each one...... sometimes successfully - sometimes not...Recipe Count 543/524 (from Julie's count)...but really 629

Tuesday, May 21, 2024

VEGAN CRÊPES FOURRÉES, FRANGIPANE

[Vegan Crêpes with Almond Cream]

...Julia says this is a lighter verstion than the VEGAN CRÊPES FOURRÉES ET FLAMBÉES...and that you can flambé these too if you wish...we did not...
...I started by making a batch of the copycat Just Egg recipe...as I'll need some vegan egg yolks...
...but I also need some vegan eggs...so I'm just using the egg replacer for that...
...and made a batch of the almond custard - VEGAN FRANGIPANE - with the subs above...
...Julia says you can use any crêpe recipe you want...we used the VEGAN CRÊPES FINES SUCRÉES
...they always turn out perfectly...
...then you just fill the crêpe with the frangipane...
...and roll it up...Julia says you can roll them into wedges too...
...grate some chocolate over them...
...and pour on some melted vegan butter...we used Earth Balance...
...and sprinkle them with sugar...
...then Julia says..."About 20 minutes before serving, set in a preheated 350-degree oven until the chocolate has melted. Serve hot or warm."
...they certainly are a pretty dessert...
...and also very delicious...

Substitutions

Vegan egg sub for the egg yolks...I used this Just Egg Copycat recipe...
Egg replacer for the eggs
Almond Milk for the milk

Recipe here: Mastering the Art of French Cooking p. 652

No comments:

Post a Comment