I'm always veganizing recipes that I love...so...I'm working my way
through all of the amazing recipes in Julia Child's
Mastering the Art of French Cooking...
...making a Vegan Version of each one...... sometimes successfully - sometimes not...Recipe Count 518/524 (from Julie's count)...but really 629

Tuesday, March 12, 2024

VEGAN SHELLFISH GARNITURES

VEGAN SHELLFISH GARNITURES

...Julia gives specific instructions for making a garniture for each of the following Shellfish Garnitures, Lobster, Écrevisses, Mussels, Shelled Fresh Oysters, Shrimp...

...Écrevisses are crayfish...

...but I'm making vegan shrimp...just a sort of made up on the fly seitan recipe...
...so these were the ingredients...shredded carrot, cabbage, and mushrooms...and some VWG...
...mixed into a springy dough...and left to rest...
...and then I boiled some nori sheets in some mushroom broth...and added the seitan to that...
...and cooked until it was done...
...and cut it up into little shrimp-y shapes...they were really good and had a lot of 'ocean' flavor...I think they'd be really good wrapped in some rice paper and fried too...

...I'm using these in my Vegan Soufflé aux Crevettes...but I'll also be using them as a garniture too...

Mastering the Art of French Cooking pp. 212-213

No comments:

Post a Comment