I'm always veganizing recipes that I love...so...I'm working my way
through all of the amazing recipes in Julia Child's
Mastering the Art of French Cooking...
...making a Vegan Version of each one...... sometimes successfully - sometimes not...Recipe Count 518/524 (from Julie's count)...but really 629

Tuesday, February 13, 2024

VEGAN SOUFFLÉ AUX BLANCS D’OEUFS

[Vegan Cheese Soufflé with Egg Whites Only]

I basically followed this recipe for Vegan Chocolate Souffle just without the sugar and chocolate and sweetened vegan condensed milk...
...so for the soufflé mixture...I used aqua faba, xanthum gum, flour, EnerG egg replacer, and Earth Balance...and then added some Violife shreds...it looks promising...light and glistening...
...and it rose and baked up looking nice...
...we served it with a salad, steamed broccoli and an Okinawan sweet potato...
...and it was really good...light and fluffy and cheeze-y...I think I'll tinker with the soufflé recipe a little more...I have a few more to do...and since I don't really know what a non-vegan souffle was like...I'm just working from an idea...

Substitutions:
aqua faba, xanthum gum, flour, EnerG egg replacer, and Earth Balance
Vegan Cheese...we used Violife

Recipe here: Mastering the Art of French Cooking pp. 173-174

No comments:

Post a Comment