I'm always veganizing recipes that I love...so...I'm working my way
through all of the amazing recipes in Julia Child's
Mastering the Art of French Cooking...
...making a Vegan Version of each one...... sometimes successfully - sometimes not...Recipe Count 518/524 (from Julie's count)...but really 629

Tuesday, October 31, 2023

VEGAN GIGOT OU ÉPAULE...Farce de Porc

[Vegan Stuffed Leg or Shoulder of Lamb - Pork and Herb Stuffing] ...I've actually already made this recipe once...you know how Julia would tell you to go to such and such a page to make some part of another recipe...we made this stuffing for some vegan pork chops here...
...I'm using TVP for the ground pork...
...and leftover french bread for the bread crumbs...
...vegan beef flavored boullion...
...parsley...
...and onion...
...mix that all up with some garlic, rosemary, sage, thyme, a tiny bit of allspice, salt and pepper...the recipe also calls for vegan egg...but I didn't add any...
...then stuff and tie your gigot as before....
...and bake...
...it turned out really nice...and it smells delicious...
...we served it simply...with rice and peas...
...it makes a pretty presentation...
...and it tastes really good...I love a good stuffing mixture...

Substitutions

...first...you'll need some Vegan Lamb...recipe here...VEGAN GIGOT DE PRÉ-SALÉ RÔTI... ...and then for the stuffing you'll also need... Vegan pork for the pork...we used TVP...
vegan butter
Vegan bouillon

Recipe here: Mastering the Art of French Cooking (p. 336)

No comments:

Post a Comment