I'm always veganizing recipes that I love...so...I'm working my way
through all of the amazing recipes in Julia Child's
Mastering the Art of French Cooking...
...making a Vegan Version of each one...... sometimes successfully - sometimes not...Recipe Count 518/524 (from Julie's count)...but really 629

Tuesday, October 10, 2023

Vegan Poivrons à la Grecque

[Red or Green Bell Peppers a la Grecque]

...I've done a couple of other veggies in this fashion...they're supposed to be served cold...
...this one is for peppers...red or green...mine are sort of between green and yellow/orange...
...so you make a Vegan Court Bouillon...
...then add the peppers...
...simmer for about 10 minutes...
...then remove the peppers...
...and boil down the court bouillon...
...then pour that back over the peppers...
...we served it as a side dish to some BBQ tofu and baked potato...
...and I actually topped my baked potato with it...it was good...

Substitutions

NONE...

Recipe here: Mastering the Art of French Cooking (p. 540)

No comments:

Post a Comment