I'm always veganizing recipes that I love...so...I'm working my way
through all of the amazing recipes in Julia Child's
Mastering the Art of French Cooking...
...making a Vegan Version of each one...... sometimes successfully - sometimes not...Recipe Count 518/524 (from Julie's count)...but really 629

Tuesday, June 14, 2022

VEGAN FONDUE DE CRUSTACÉS

[Vegan Cream Filling with Shellfish or Clams]

...Julia says you can fill your Vegan Timbale de Crêpes with several different fillings...
...but I had these Lobster mushrooms still in the freezer...
...so I got those out...
...and got some nori boiling in some water...
...sautéed some green onion...
...added some white wine...
...and the mushrooms...minus the nori...
...then I removed the nori...
...because I'm going to make my thick roux using this sauce along with some almond milk for more lobster flavor...
...Julia says to rapidly boil down the liquid...
...until it's almost all evaporated...
...and then add it to your very thick sauce...

...then hop back over to your Timbale mold and fill that with the sauce...

Substitutions:

Earth Balance for Butter
Almond milk for the cream
Flax Seed Goo for the egg yolk
Vegan Cheese for the cheese

Recipe here: Mastering the Art of French Cooking (pp. 202-203)

1 comment: