I'm always veganizing recipes that I love...so...I'm working my way
through all of the amazing recipes in Julia Child's
Mastering the Art of French Cooking...
...making a Vegan Version of each one...... sometimes successfully - sometimes not...Recipe Count 518/524 (from Julie's count)...but really 629

Tuesday, June 21, 2022

Vegan Choux de Bruxelles à la Milanaise

[Vegan Brussels Sprouts Browned with Vegan Cheese]

Julia says "These cheese-coated Brussels sprouts are good with (vegan) steaks and chops...
...so...instead of browning the Brussels the "Julia Way"...I used my Griddler to perfectly brown them without any oil...
...but then I buttered my baking dish with some Earth Balance...
...sprinkled it with vegan parm...
...loaded in the browned Brussels Sprouts...
...and topped with Chao shreds...my vegan Swiss would have been better...but I don't have any right now...
...then you just brown that in the oven for 15 minutes or so...
...and we served it with vegan steak...and mashed potatoes and gravy...
...it really is a perfect side dish for this meal...
...I already love Brussels Sprouts...but I've never really had then with cheese like this...it's really good...

Substitutions:

...vegan Parm and vegan Swiss...
...vegan butter...
recipe here: Mastering the Art of French Cooking p. 453...

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, I wouldn't have thought that Brussels sprouts go with cheese exactly....but it does sound hearty. Love, K

    ReplyDelete