I'm always veganizing recipes that I love...so...I'm working my way
through all of the amazing recipes in Julia Child's
Mastering the Art of French Cooking...
...making a Vegan Version of each one...... sometimes successfully - sometimes not...Recipe Count 518/524 (from Julie's count)...but really 629

Tuesday, March 15, 2022

VEGAN CRÊPES À LA LEVURE

[Vegan Yeast Batter—for stuffed crêpes]

...the only description Julia gives for this recipe is "The addition of yeast makes a more tender and slightly thicker crêpe....which I guess you need for the rolling up...
...Julia says you need the "ingredients for the preceding crepe batter which is the VEGAN CRÊPES FINES SUCRÉES - 1 - 2 tsp fresh or dry yeast"...I used Instant yeast...
...and then you just swirl that rather thin batter around your pan...
...and cook until the top looks a little bit 'dry'...
...and flip...I like mine with a little bit of brown caramelization...but some people prefer them very light...
...so...you just make a bunch of crêpes...and set them aside...

Substitutions:
Vegan Butter...we used Earth Balance...
Vegan eggs...Aqua Faba
Vegan Cream...we used Silk cashew cream

Recipe here: Mastering the Art of French Cooking p.649

No comments:

Post a Comment