I'm always veganizing recipes that I love...so...I'm working my way
through all of the amazing recipes in Julia Child's
Mastering the Art of French Cooking...
...making a Vegan Version of each one...... sometimes successfully - sometimes not...Recipe Count 518/524 (from Julie's count)...but really 629

Tuesday, September 14, 2021

Vegan Suprêmes De Volaille à la Milanaise

[Vegan Chicken Breasts Rolled in Vegan Parmesan and Bread Crumbs]

...Julia doesn't actually 'say' anything about this recipe...which is kind of unusual...

...it's a pretty simple recipe for some sautéed vegan chicken...I'm just using a slab of tofu for the vegan chicken...
...so...first you'll want to set up your dredging station...
...and then roll the tofu cutlet in the flour and shake off excess...
...dip it in the vegan egg...I'm just using plain aqua faba for this...
then roll in the cheese and bread crumbs...Julia says to pat them in place with the flat of a knife...I just used the fork I was using...
...and then she says to lay the supremes on waxed paper and allow cheese and bread crumbs to sit for 15 minutes to several hours...I went with the shorter time frame...haha...
...and I just used a plate instead of waxed paper...
...then you sauté in clarified butter...but I just used Earth Balance...of course...
...until nicely browned...
...then you make the VEGAN BEURRE NOIR/BEURRE NOISETTE...add some vegan butter to the pan...there was already some butter and oil left over from sautéing the tofu...
...and then add some lemon juice and parsley...
...I poured it into a little cup for serving...
...we served it with noodles, french bread and spinach...
...poured the vegan butter sauce over...
...this was really really delicious...and not too time-consuming or involved...I'll definitely make this again...

Substitutions

Tofu for the chicken
Violife Parmesan for the parm
Vegan Butter for the butter
Aquafaba for the egg yolks

Recipe here: Mastering the Art of French Cooking p. 271

1 comment:

  1. Man! That sounds GREAT. The main feature and the accompaniments.

    ReplyDelete