I'm always veganizing recipes that I love...so...I'm working my way
through all of the amazing recipes in Julia Child's
Mastering the Art of French Cooking...
...making a Vegan Version of each one...... sometimes successfully - sometimes not...Recipe Count 518/524 (from Julie's count)...but really 629

Tuesday, May 18, 2021

Vegan Soufflé au Café

[Vegan Coffee Soufflé]

...this is just another variation on the VEGAN SOUFFLÉ À LA VANILLE...the coffee one...
...so basically you just steep some coffe in half of the milk for the master recipe...but Julia says you can use instant coffee if you want...
...and it makes a very nice mildly coffee flavored dessert...I enjoyed it...it wasn't even as coffee coloured as I had thought it would be but tasted sweetly of coffee...

Substitutions

Almond milk for the milk...
Vegan Egg for the egg yolk
Aqua Faba for the egg white

Recipe here: Mastering the Art of French Cooking p. 617

1 comment:

  1. I'm not a fan of coffee flavored desserts....but strangely like coffee with a doughnut which seems like about the same thing.....love, K

    ReplyDelete