I'm always veganizing recipes that I love...so...I'm working my way
through all of the amazing recipes in Julia Child's
Mastering the Art of French Cooking...
...making a Vegan Version of each one...... sometimes successfully - sometimes not...Recipe Count 518/524 (from Julie's count)...but really 629

Tuesday, September 22, 2020

VEGAN OEUFS SUR CANAPÉS...OEUFS EN CROUSTADE

[Vegan Poached Eggs on Canapés, Artichoke Bottoms, Mushroom Caps, or in Pastry Shells]

...well as the title suggests...you can pretty much put a poached egg on top of just about anything...and Julia says there is a 'practically limitless series of elegant little hot first courses or luncheon dishes'...

...and this one is pretty simple...
...first you'll need to make the VEGAN OEUFS POCHÉS...which is just a sort of white sauce thickened with agar agar and cornstarch...
...I usually 'form' that into a sort of egg shape in a large kitchen spoon...and in the past I've made the vegan 'yolk' using potato...
...but this time...I've used Sam's VEGAN TOAST DIPPING SAUCE (VEGAN EGG YOLK)...
...it's perfect for this recipe...
...I scooped out a little divot from the vegan egg white...
...and I'm using a vegan (probiotic two ingredient) scone for the croustade...
...arranged the egg white on top of the croustades...
...and spooned over some of the yolk...
...served with coffee...
...a really perfect breakfast...I'll be making this again...


Substitutions

...subs from the VEGAN OEUFS POCHÉS
...Sam's VEGAN TOAST DIPPING SAUCE (VEGAN EGG YOLK)
...any type of vegan croustade...
Mastering the Art of French Cooking (p. 118)

1 comment: