I'm always veganizing recipes that I love...so...I'm working my way
through all of the amazing recipes in Julia Child's
Mastering the Art of French Cooking...
...making a Vegan Version of each one...... sometimes successfully - sometimes not...Recipe Count 518/524 (from Julie's count)...but really 629

Tuesday, October 6, 2020

Vegan Beurre Maître d'Hôtel, Vegan Beurre de Fines Herbes, Vegan Beurre d'Estragon

[Vegan Parsley Butter, Vegan Mixed Herb Butter, Vegan Tarragon Butter]

...this recipe has three titles...and Julia says it is For: Broiled meats and fish,and for sauce and soup enrichments...
...this is a really simple 'recipe'...you basically stir some herbs into some butter...I'm using the new plant based Country Crock spread...
...first you cream the butter...
...and then mix in your herbs...I'm using some dried Tarragon...'cause that's all I have...
...and some fresh parsley...
...you just mix that all in...
...add the lemon juice drop by drop...and you're done...
...I scoope mine out with a cookie scoop...I just thought it was prettier like that...
...onto the top of some pan fried seitan cutlets...
...it melted over them so nicely and added a lot of flavor...

...I enjoyed it and I almost never think to do anything special like this with just plain old vegan butter...

Substitutions

Vegan Butter...obvi...
Mastering the Art of French Cooking (p. 102)

1 comment:

  1. I remember reading somewhere that the secret to any meat was a generous amount of butter!
    Love, K

    ReplyDelete