I'm always veganizing recipes that I love...so...I'm working my way
through all of the amazing recipes in Julia Child's
Mastering the Art of French Cooking...
...making a Vegan Version of each one...... sometimes successfully - sometimes not...Recipe Count 518/524 (from Julie's count)...but really 629

Tuesday, August 18, 2020

Vegan Sole Walewska

[Vegan Fish Filets with Vegan Shellfish and Truffles] ...Julia says this is the same as the VEGAN SOLE À LA DIEPOISE...but it's garnished with vegan shellfish and vegan lobster...and instead of plain butter you use the Vegan Beurre de Crustacés...
...first you need to poach you vegan fish...I just used extra firm tofu and added some Nori sheets...
...and I cooked my Lobster Mushrooms with some Nori sheet as well...
...and I saved that liquid...along with the poaching liquid from the tofu...
...I strained the Nori sheets out...
...and added that 'broth' back to the pot...
...added 1/4 cup of homemade almond milk...
...and Vegan Egg for the egg yolk...
...just a heaping tablespoon...
...a few drops of lemon juice...I just used the bottled kind...
...and then you finsh the sauce with the Vegan Beurre de Crustacés...
...slice some truffles...
...and then assemble the dish...
...I topped each 'filet' with a vegan scallop...and then a single truffle slice...
...and lined the sides with the vegan lobster...
...it makes a pretty dish...
...it was good...very rich and fish-y...I'm still not a fan of the truffles at all...and a single slice is plenty for me...

Substitutions

Vegan Beurre de Crustacés
Sophie's Vegan Scallops for the shellfish
Nori sheet for cooking the vegan lobster mushrooms
Tofu for the sole
Almond milk for the milk

Mastering the Art of French Cooking (pp. 215-216)

1 comment:

  1. Interesting, I've never had a truffle as far as I know.

    Love, K

    ReplyDelete