I'm always veganizing recipes that I love...so...I'm working my way
through all of the amazing recipes in Julia Child's
Mastering the Art of French Cooking...
...making a Vegan Version of each one...... sometimes successfully - sometimes not...Recipe Count 518/524 (from Julie's count)...but really 629

Tuesday, August 18, 2020

Vegan Beurre de Crustacés

[Vegan Shellfish Butter]

...Julia says you can use this flavored butter for sandwiches, spreads, canapés, hard boiled eggs, and decorating cold dishes...

...I made it because it's specified in the next recipe...Sole Walewska...
...I'm using these vegan scallops for my shellfish...
...and since it comes breaded...I'm soaking off the breading...it's not heavily breaded...
...and to give them even more of the 'flavor-o-the-sea'...I'm cooking them with some nori...
...Julia says to melt the butter...but I just added my Earth Balance to the blender cup softened...tossed in my vegan scallops...
...and blended it all up...these blend up pretty smoothly...but Julia gives instructions for blending twice...but I did not...
...and finally you pass the blended butter through a fine mesh strainer just to make sure there are not bits...

Substitutions

Sophie's Vegan Scallops for the shellfish
Nori sheet for cooking the vegan scallops
Earth Balance for the butter

Mastering the Art of French Cooking (pp. 104-105)

No comments:

Post a Comment