I'm always veganizing recipes that I love...so...I'm working my way
through all of the amazing recipes in Julia Child's
Mastering the Art of French Cooking...
...making a Vegan Version of each one...... sometimes successfully - sometimes not...Recipe Count 518/524 (from Julie's count)...but really 629

Tuesday, May 30, 2017

VARIATION...Cold Braised Celery

...the only difference between this and the VEGAN CÉLERIS BRAISÉS is that you don't thicken the sauce...
...so I divided the braising liquid...
...and then just reduced it down...
...there's no need to 'degrease' vegan broth...and you don't add any butter for the cold version either...
...so we served this the next day...with the cold braised celery on a bed of cold noodles...and topped with a few slices of baked tofu...
...it was also very good...reminiscent of a mild Asian noodle dish...minus the soy sauce flavor...

Substitutions:
Veggie bacon - I used Smart Bacon
Vegan Beef Bouillon for the beef stock

Recipe here: Scribd and then search for Mastering the Art of French Cooking p. 492

No comments:

Post a Comment