I'm always veganizing recipes that I love...so...I'm working my way
through all of the amazing recipes in Julia Child's
Mastering the Art of French Cooking...
...making a Vegan Version of each one...... sometimes successfully - sometimes not...Recipe Count 518/524 (from Julie's count)...but really 629

Thursday, March 29, 2012

VEGAN FONDUE AU GRUYÈRE

[Vegan Cream Filling with Swiss Cheese]

...so sorry - I meant to post this immediately after the Tartelettes...so without further ado...this is the first filling for the Vegan Tartelettes

...you cook the Earth Balance and flour together for a couple of minutes...of course without browning...

...add some boiling almond milk...I heated mine really hot in the microwave...but it wasn't quite boiling...but you want it to be very hot so that it doesn't make lumps...

...add your seasonings and about 1/8 cup of flax seed goo for the egg yolk...and whisk that in well...

...add some vegan cheese...I used Daiya Cheddar...if I'd had a stronger flavored cheese like Sheese Blue Cheese...I might have used that...but the cheddar was nice...

...whisk that in and add a little more Earth Balance...

...spoon it into the little Tartelettes...

...and serve...

...they're really good...crispy and creamy and cheese-y...

...they're good for 2 or 3 small bites...or you can easily pop a whole one in your mouth...so good and we'll definitely be making them again...

Substitutions: Earth Balance for Butter
Almond milk for the cream
Flax Seed Goo for the egg yolk
Vegan Cheese for the cheese

Recipe here: Mastering the Art of French Cooking

p. 201

No comments:

Post a Comment