I'm always veganizing recipes that I love...so...I'm working my way
through all of the amazing recipes in Julia Child's
Mastering the Art of French Cooking...
...making a Vegan Version of each one...... sometimes successfully - sometimes not...Recipe Count 518/524 (from Julie's count)...but really 629

Friday, February 25, 2011

Vegan Fricassée de Poulet au Paprika

[Paprika Sauce]

...This is going to be a really quick post - I know - totally out of character for me...

...I did take all of the step by step pictures as usual...but there's really no reason to publish them all again...as they look just like the ones for the VEGAN FRICASSÉE DE POULET À L'ANCIENNE...

...I used tofu for the chicken again...just cut into cubes this time...

...So after the preliminary cooking - you just stir in a bunch of fresh smelling paprika...

...and then proceed with the sauce...Julia says that you can add more paprika after completing the sauce if it lacks colour...

...I didn't add any more paprika...I guess I thought mine was colourful enough...

...We just had this over rice - it was very good - sweet and creamy and very paprika-y - really...

Substitutions:
Earth Balance for Butter
Vegan Cream for the Cream
Extra Firm Tofu for the Chicken
Vegan Chicken Bouillon for the Chicken Stock
Flax seed goo for the eggs

Recipe here: Mastering the Art of French Cooking

p. 262

No comments:

Post a Comment