I'm always veganizing recipes that I love...so...I'm working my way
through all of the amazing recipes in Julia Child's
Mastering the Art of French Cooking...
...making a Vegan Version of each one...... sometimes successfully - sometimes not...Recipe Count 518/524 (from Julie's count)...but really 629

Friday, February 11, 2011

Vegan Sauce à la Crème

[Vegan Fresh Cream Sauce]


...we made a lovely cream sauce to accompany our Cauliflower...

...we used a pint of Wildwood Creamer...added some salt and white pepper...you just simmer to reduce by half...

...add some lemon juice...and whisk that in...

...then finally off heat stir in some Earth Balance...

...pour it into a gravy boat...

...and pour it over the hot cauliflower...

...it was definitely creamy...just a little bit too sweet for my taste - but that's probably the fault of the creamer I used - next time I'll use my homemade soy milk that doesn't have any sugar in it...

Substitutions:
Vegan Creamer for the cream - but next time I'll use soymilk...
Earth Balance for Butter

Recipe here: Mastering the Art of French Cooking

pp. 458-459

2 comments:

  1. hey - i love the white stuff too ! funny, i don't think we even knew what it was growing up, did we?

    i actually had some last night, just steamed in the 'ole microwave and topped with some (real) cheese.

    love, k

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds good. I'd be interested to know how it turns out when you try a different cream sub. We're not too keen on very sweet things either.

    ReplyDelete