I'm always veganizing recipes that I love...so...I'm working my way
through all of the amazing recipes in Julia Child's
Mastering the Art of French Cooking...
...making a Vegan Version of each one...... sometimes successfully - sometimes not...Recipe Count 518/524 (from Julie's count)...but really 629

Tuesday, June 27, 2023

VEGAN ESCALOPES DE RIS DE VEAU SAUTÉS

[Vegan Sweetbreads Sautéed in Butter]

...Julia says...These are done exactly like brains sauteed in butter...recipe here...VEGAN CERVELLES AU BEURRE NOIR
...so after marinating in lemon and herbs...drain and dredge the cutlets in flour...
...then sauté in vegan butter...we used Earth Balance...
...then make the VEGAN BEURRE NOIR - BEURRE NOISETTE - [Brown Butter Sauce]...
...then Julia says...Arrange on a hot platter...
...and...pour the hot butter sauce over them, and serve...
...we served ours with 'dressing'...you know the southern Thanksgiving kind...I just thought it sounded good...and mixed veg...
...and it was really good...
...as practically anything covered in brown butter sauce would be...

Substitutions

Seitan for the sweetbreads
vegan butter for the butter

Recipe here: Mastering the Art of French Cooking p. 413

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha! This reminds me my mother... who cooked cervelle (the "real one"!) in different ways... I just could not put that in my mouth ;-) I was vegan before knowing this was a thing i guess!

    ReplyDelete