I'm always veganizing recipes that I love...so...I'm working my way
through all of the amazing recipes in Julia Child's
Mastering the Art of French Cooking...
...making a Vegan Version of each one...... sometimes successfully - sometimes not...Recipe Count 518/524 (from Julie's count)...but really 629

Tuesday, January 31, 2023

Vegan Gratin de Volatile, Vegan Gratin de Cervelles, Vegan Gratin de Ris de Veau

[Vegan Gratin of Chicken, Turkey, Brains, or Sweetbreads with Mushroom]

...all of these are grouped together in a sort of generic gratin recipe...this one is supposed to be a good use for diced up leftovers...
...so I got out some leftover baked tofu...
...and diced that up...
...sautéed some mushrooms...
...and some onions...
...buttered my au gratin dishes...
...and made a quick pastry shell...
...and also a nice creamy bechamel...
...then started combining things...I added the diced tofu to the mushrooms...
...as well as the onions...
...and then the bechamel...
...filled the little pastry shells...
...topped with vegan cheese (Chao this time)...and baked...
...and served with salad and broccoli...
...these little gratins were so delicious...perfect comfort food...almost like a pot pie...

Substitutions

subs for the VEGAN SAUCE BÉCHAMEL/SAUCE VELOUTÉ
Vegan Margarine for Butter - I used Earth Balance...
baked tofu for the chicken/turkey...

Mastering the Art of French Cooking (p. 157)

No comments:

Post a Comment