I'm always veganizing recipes that I love...so...I'm working my way
through all of the amazing recipes in Julia Child's
Mastering the Art of French Cooking...
...making a Vegan Version of each one...... sometimes successfully - sometimes not...Recipe Count 518/524 (from Julie's count)...but really 629

Tuesday, August 9, 2022

Vegan Poulet Sauté Chasseur

[Vegan Chicken in Tomato and Mushroom Sauce]

...Julia just says to use the same technique as for the vegan veal scallops...Vegan Escalopes de Veau Chasseur...
...we started by sautéing the mushrooms...which Julia says to do in a separate skillet...
...then added those to the pan with the minced shallots (I used onions...I almost never have shallots), herbs, and garlic...
...then I added the vegan chicken stock...
...and I had to use white wine...as I also didn't have any vermouth...
...chopped up some of those gorgeous garden fresh tomatoes...
...and added those to the pot...
...and cooked that down a bit...since I'm not adding any starch this time...
...for the vegan chick'n...I just rubbed some vegan chicken bouillon powder onto some tofu cutlets and baked them...they are really good just plain like this too...
...continued cooking the sauce a bit longer...
...until it had reduced and was nice and thick...
...added the vegan chick'n cutlets...and put it into the oven...to heat through for 4-5 minutes...
...made a bunch of egg-free noodles...
...and got the casserole out of the oven...
...served with some garden fresh green beans...and vegan noodles of course...
...this is such a perfect dish...
...it's pretty enough for company....
...and it's delicious...

Substitutions

Earth Balance for butter
Vegan Chick'n - I just used tofu sprinkled with vegan chick'n bouillon and baked

...recipe here...Mastering the Art of French Cooking (pp. 366-367)

4 comments:

  1. So, I can post comments here - yay! Norton doesn't seem to be blocking this website. I agree - shallots = onions in all my recipes. I can't tell the difference once they're cooked. Looks like a lovely fairly easy meal. Love, K

    ReplyDelete
  2. This meal is more than mouthering! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like Karen, i am pleased to see norton allowes me to comment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds (and looks) very tasty!

    ReplyDelete