I'm always veganizing recipes that I love...so...I'm working my way
through all of the amazing recipes in Julia Child's
Mastering the Art of French Cooking...
...making a Vegan Version of each one...... sometimes successfully - sometimes not...Recipe Count 518/524 (from Julie's count)...but really 629

Tuesday, July 19, 2022

Vegan Choux de Bruxelles à la Mornay, Gratinés

[Vegan Brussels Sprouts Gratineed with Cheese Sauce]

...Julia says to serve these with roast chicken or veal, or as a luncheon or supper dish...
...I think this is the very last Brussels Sprouts recipe...which is kind of satisfying and kind of sad...because I do love Brussels Sprouts...

..this is the spreadsheet that I'm using to keep track of which recipes I've done...and I also tick up the count on the header with each post...there are a lot of recipes...and I'm right now 3/4 of the way through them...

...so...first you need to braise some Brussels Sprouts...VEGAN CHOUX DE BRUXELLES ÉTUVÉES AU BEURRE
...arrange the Brussels sprouts over some Vegan Sauce Mornay...and then spoon the rest of the sauce over them...
...I chopped up some of my homemade Swiss Cheese...
...and sprinkled that on top...
...and then you just set it under a moderately hot broiler for 2 to 3 minutes to brown lightly...
...we served it with some vegan roast chicken...per Julia's suggestion...
...and it was delicious...creamy and cheezey...

Substitutions:

Vegan Butter and Vegan Cheese...
...and all the subs for the Vegan Sauce Mornay.......

Recipe here: Mastering the Art of French Cooking p. 453

1 comment:

  1. So many brussels sprout recipes!! This one looks quite yummy!

    ReplyDelete