I'm always veganizing recipes that I love...so...I'm working my way
through all of the amazing recipes in Julia Child's
Mastering the Art of French Cooking...
...making a Vegan Version of each one...... sometimes successfully - sometimes not...Recipe Count 518/524 (from Julie's count)...but really 629

Tuesday, April 20, 2021

Vegan Soufflé Rothschild

[Vegan Soufflé with Glacéed Fruits and Kirsch]

...this is another variation of the Vanilla Soufflé...so go to the basic recipe for VEGAN SOUFFLÉ À LA VANILLE
...so the first thing you do is add your glacéed fruits to some Kirsch and let them soak for a bit...we used some more of the candied fruitcake fruits...
...and then you just layer it with the soufflé mixture...
...it puffed up and baked up nicely...we thought it was ok...but I don't think we're fans of the glacéed fruit desserts...

Substitutions

Almond milk for the milk...
Vegan Egg for the egg yolk
Aqua Faba for the egg white

Recipe here: Mastering the Art of French Cooking p. 617

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, I don't think that would be a favorite of mine. Love, K

    ReplyDelete