I'm always veganizing recipes that I love...so...I'm working my way
through all of the amazing recipes in Julia Child's
Mastering the Art of French Cooking...
...making a Vegan Version of each one...... sometimes successfully - sometimes not...Recipe Count 518/524 (from Julie's count)...but really 629

Tuesday, January 5, 2021

Vegan Sauce Mousseline Sabayon

[Vegan Hollandaise with Cream and White-wine Fish Fumet]

Julia says this is an extremely good sauce, in which the egg yolks are thickened with cream and fish fumet...
...I'll be using Nori for the Fish Fumet...and tofu for the Vegan Fish...it's not really part of this recipe...
...basically like the VEGAN FILETS DE (Tofu) POISSON POCHÉS AU VIN BLANC...
...and I'll remove the Nori after cooking...
...then for this basic fish liquor...I'm just going to boil some more Nori in some water...
...you only need a couple of Tablespoons...at most...
...the poached fillets are ready...so I'll remove the Nori...
...the finished Fish Fumet...
...now for the Hollandaise...I'm using Vegan Egg for the yolks...and Country Crock plant based for the butter...
...and Cashew cream for the cream..
...I'm using my stick blender...but you could of course use a full size blender if you want...and dribbling in the Fish Fumet...
...it's actually a pretty simple sauce to make...
...and it's nice and creamy and fishy...perfect for poached fish(tofu)...

Substitutions

Vegan Egg for the egg
Cashew Cream for the cream
Nori Sheets cooked in water for the Fish Fumet
...and Vegan Butter of choice for the butter

Recipe here: Mastering the Art of French Cooking p. 84...

No comments:

Post a Comment