I'm always veganizing recipes that I love...so...I'm working my way
through all of the amazing recipes in Julia Child's
Mastering the Art of French Cooking...
...making a Vegan Version of each one...... sometimes successfully - sometimes not...Recipe Count 518/524 (from Julie's count)...but really 629

Tuesday, January 12, 2021

Vegan Beurre d'Anchois

[Vegan Anchovy Butter]

...Julia doesn't say anything about this recipe other than it's good for broiled fish, sandwiches and sauces...
...just a few ingredients...I'm using nori for the anchovy...and herbes de Provence for the herbs...the tofu is for the broiled vegan fish...
...formed into a little ball and plopped on top of the broiled tofu-fish...
...it melts and gives the tofu a lovely fishy flavor...

...I must say that I really like these flavored butters...and it's not something I've had much of in the past...but they are really good for adding flavor to all sorts of dishes...

Substitutions

Nori granules for the mashed anchovies...
...and Vegan Butter of choice for the butter

Recipe here: Mastering the Art of French Cooking p. 101

3 comments:

  1. Looks yummy - what's the black rice?

    Love, K

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey K,
      It's the forbidden rice that only the emperor used to be able to eat...haha...there's a photo of it here...https://affectioknit.blogspot.com/2019/10/1030what-i-ate-in-dayas-vegan.html...so it really needs to be used up...look at the date...haha...
      Love,
      T

      Delete
  2. I've really only dabbled with flavored "butter" once. It was so easy I felt silly for never having thought of it before. You're so clever with the nori granules!

    ReplyDelete