I'm always veganizing recipes that I love...so...I'm working my way
through all of the amazing recipes in Julia Child's
Mastering the Art of French Cooking...
...making a Vegan Version of each one...... sometimes successfully - sometimes not...Recipe Count 518/524 (from Julie's count)...but really 629

Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Vegan Sauce Riviera/Beurre Montpellier

[Vegan Green Mayonnaise with Butter or Cream Cheese, Pickles, Capers and Anchovies]

...that's quite the title isn't it?...

...Julia says this is a good sauce for sandwich spreads...and since I was wanting some Garbanzo Bean Tuna Salad...I thought it'd be perfect...

...you start by making some mayonnaise...and then you make that green...Vegan Mayonnaise Verte [Green Herbal Mayonnaise]
...I used grapeseed oil and almond milk for the mayonnaise this time...
...and I didn't whisk it by hand...
...the immersion blender is the perfect tool for this job...thick and creamy mayonnaise...
...now gather the add-ins...and there are a lot of them...
...you need green onions - I used fresh, tarragon - I used dried, and spinach, watercress and parsley...all of which I used frozen...and that makes the base green herbal mayonnaise...which is quite good in its own right...
...and then add a couple of tablespoons each of capers, sour pickles and we subbed black olives and nori granules for the anchovies...and we used Earth Balance for the butter...I had vegan cream cheese (of course) but since the alternative title is Beurre Montpellier...I decided to use vegan butter...
...so then I just mashed up some garbanzo beans that were cooked in the instant pot...
...and stirred in the sauce...
...and gave it a taste...oh my goodness...this is definitely going to become my go-to vegan tuna salad dressing...
...spread on some whole wheat bread...
...it made a perfect Vegan Tuna Salad Sandwich...

Substitutions

...black olives and nori granules for the anchovies... Earth Balance for the Butter... Vegan Mayonnaise for the mayonnaise...

Recipe here: Scribd and then search for Mastering the Art of French Cooking (p. 90)

...go to Scribd and search for the book...it shows up under documents...and once you open that file you should be able to search for the page number listed in the recipe...

2 comments:

  1. interesting....and pretty complicated, i might add! looks great. love,k

    ReplyDelete
  2. Today if someone asks me what you saw best then I would like to say that I saw your post best today and it is a very beautifully written post which I appreciate. And I also think that if you see someone's post and it is beautiful and well written, that should be appreciated.

    ReplyDelete