I'm always veganizing recipes that I love...so...I'm working my way
through all of the amazing recipes in Julia Child's
Mastering the Art of French Cooking...
...making a Vegan Version of each one...... sometimes successfully - sometimes not...Recipe Count 518/524 (from Julie's count)...but really 629

Tuesday, January 9, 2018

VEGAN PURÉE DE MARRONS

[Vegan Chestnut Purée]

...I wasn't sure if I'd ever complete this recipe...actually I was sure I'd complete it but unsure if I'd actually eat it...

...because...

...years ago...when I was in France...I got quite sick after eating Marrons Purées...and I remember the taste quite well...
...but I forged ahead and put some chestnuts, celery and herbs in a pot with some vegan bouillon...in water of course...
...this store brand of beef flavored bouillon is accidentally vegan...
...my sweet sissie told me about it years ago...
...next...you pass your chestnuts through a food mill...
...and you're left with this mush...smelling fragrantly of chestnuts and herbs...
...add some vegan butter...
...and vegan cream...it's kindof like making mashed potatoes...
...and it's exactly how I remember it...sweet...creamy...earthy and very rich...
...I actually ate that small spoonful on my plate between the biscuit and the potatoes...and I didn't get sick...I know...that's not a very glowing recommendation for this recipe...

Substitutions:

Homemade Vegan Butter
Vegan Cream...I used Coffee Rich Creamer

Recipe here: Scribd and then search for Mastering the Art of French Cooking (pp. 518 - 519)

...go to Scribd and search for the book...it shows up under documents...and once you open that file you should be able to search for the page number listed in the recipe...

1 comment:

  1. Pascal Robaglia & Pascal Robaglia Art Contre la volonté de sa famille, Jacques décide de prendre des cours d'art. Sa formation a débuté avec le peintre ace «Rococo», François Boucher, et plus tard par l'ami de Boucher, Joseph-Marie Vien, qui a présenté David au «classicisme» à la célèbre Académie Royale de Peinture et de Sculpture. L'artiste a remporté le Prix de Rome, convoité, le Prix de Rome, en 1774, après trois tentatives infructueuses, et a étudié à l'Académie française, Rome jusqu'en 1779. Pendant son séjour en Italie, Jacques-Louis a pu voir l'italien antique et Néo chefs-d'œuvre classiques, y compris les ruines de Pompéi qui l'ont complètement transformé en «classicisme».

    ReplyDelete