I'm always veganizing recipes that I love...so...I'm working my way
through all of the amazing recipes in Julia Child's
Mastering the Art of French Cooking...
...making a Vegan Version of each one...... sometimes successfully - sometimes not...Recipe Count 518/524 (from Julie's count)...but really 629

Tuesday, December 26, 2017

Vegan Gallettes Sablées

[Vegan Sugar Cookies]

This recipe uses leftover pastry crust...and I just happened to have some leftover crust from our Christmas Eve dinner...and I'll show you that soon...
...you just roll out the leftover dough 1/4 inch thick...
...make a little pile of granulated sugar...
...first I brushed each cookie with some flax seed goo instead of egg...and then lay the cut out cookies on top of the sugar and then sprinkle more sugar on top...
...and then for some (unknown) reason...you shape the round into an oval...not sure what was wrong with the rounds...then place them on an ungreased cookie sheet and sprinkle them with cinnamon...
...and bake until lightly browned...
...these were the perfect cookies to leave out for Santa on Christmas Eve...

Recipe here: Scribd and then search for Mastering the Art of French Cooking (p. 635)

1 comment: