I'm always veganizing recipes that I love...so...I'm working my way
through all of the amazing recipes in Julia Child's
Mastering the Art of French Cooking...
...making a Vegan Version of each one...... sometimes successfully - sometimes not...Recipe Count 518/524 (from Julie's count)...but really 629

Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Vegan Butter Enrichment

This recipe is under a heading of ENRICHMENTS FOR WHITE SAUCES...

...so we're counting it as a recipe...
...Julia says you can enrich with 2 to 8 tablespoons of vegan butter...we're going with the 2 Tbls here...
...and served it over some broccoli florets...it was buttery and good...

Substitutions:

Earth Balance for the butter
Vegan Cream for the cream

Recipe here: Scribd and then search for Mastering the Art of French Cooking (pp. 58-59)

...I've had some questions about the link to the recipes...Scribd often changes their copy of MtAoFC...or the users who post do and so some of the older links no longer work...so I've just given instructions to go to Scribd and search for the book...it shows up under documents...and once you open that file you should be able to search for the page number listed in the recipe...

...but let me know if you have any problems...

1 comment: