I'm always veganizing recipes that I love...so...I'm working my way
through all of the amazing recipes in Julia Child's
Mastering the Art of French Cooking...
...making a Vegan Version of each one...... sometimes successfully - sometimes not...Recipe Count 518/524 (from Julie's count)...but really 629

Tuesday, May 6, 2014

VEGAN CHAMPIGNONS FARCIS

[Stuffed Mushrooms]

Julia says these are 'a good hot Hors d'oeuvre'...
...and they are pretty little hot things to pop in your mouth at a party...
...start by removing the stems from some mushrooms...the bigger the better...ours were just average size...
...then take your Vegan Duxelles from the previous recipe...
...and add your herbs, grated Vegan cheese, and breadcrumbs...and some Vegan cream...
...the stuffing after mixing...
...fill the mushroom caps with the stuffing...
...top with some more Vegan Cheese...I used Daiya...and some melted Earth Balance...
...and bake for 15-20 minutes...
...until the caps are tender and the stuffing has browned a bit...
...these are so good...just rich and delicious...and fun to eat...

Substitutions:
Earth Balance for the Butter
Vegan Creamer for the cream...I used Silk Plain Creamer
Vegan Cheese for the cheese...I used Daiya

Recipe here: Mastering the Art of French Cooking
pp. 516-517

1 comment: