I'm always veganizing recipes that I love...so...I'm working my way
through all of the amazing recipes in Julia Child's
Mastering the Art of French Cooking...
...making a Vegan Version of each one...... sometimes successfully - sometimes not...Recipe Count 518/524 (from Julie's count)...but really 629

Friday, December 13, 2013

Vegan Sauce Moutarde

[Cold Mustard Sauce with Herbs]

...Julia says this sauce is perfect for cold meats and vegetables...
...for some reason I used a pot for mixing...you can use a bowl as there is really no cooking involved...

...start with some prepared dijon mustard...
...add some boiling water...
...then some olive oil...whisked in by droplets...
...squeeze some fresh lemon juice...
...and whisk that in as well...
...beat in salt, pepper and herbs...
...to make a creamy sauce...
...thick and creamy and pretty ...
...and delicious...
...originally I planned to have it with my leftover cold Thanksgiving Seitan Roast, since Julia says it's for cold meat...but in the end decided to reheat it...and this sauce was good warm too...

Substitutions:
NONE - already vegan HA!
Recipe here: Mastering the Art of French Cooking

pp. 95-96

1 comment: