I'm always veganizing recipes that I love...so...I'm working my way
through all of the amazing recipes in Julia Child's
Mastering the Art of French Cooking...
...making a Vegan Version of each one...... sometimes successfully - sometimes not...Recipe Count 518/524 (from Julie's count)...but really 629

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Un Moule Caramelisé...Vegan

[A Caramel-lined Mold]
...now that I've practiced making caramel...
...I can make it to line a mold...this is for a molded custard that I'll veganize later...the procedure is the same...
...you just put the sugar and water directly in the mold and boil over moderate heat swirling frequently...
...I had to hold onto the edge of the mold with a set of tongs...so that made it difficult to get a photo...and Julia says if you're using a porcelain mold you'll have to make the caramel in a pan and pour it into the mold...it's kinda convenient to make it right in the mold...and it's very pretty...

Substitutions: none - it's just sugar and water...

Recipe here: Mastering the Art of French Cooking

pp. 584-585

No comments:

Post a Comment