I'm always veganizing recipes that I love...so...I'm working my way
through all of the amazing recipes in Julia Child's
Mastering the Art of French Cooking...
...making a Vegan Version of each one...... sometimes successfully - sometimes not...Recipe Count 518/524 (from Julie's count)...but really 629

Saturday, May 28, 2011

VEGAN CHOU-FLEUR AUX TOMATES FRAÎCHES

[Vegan Cauliflower Gratinéed with Cheese and Tomatoes]

I've already told you about my local grocery store's insane sales on spinach - they recently also had these cute little Cauliettes on sale for 99¢...and I had these little tomatoes that were about to go bad...so this was the perfect recipe to use them up...

...first you make the CHOU-FLEUR BLANCHI...

...the recipe calls for seeded peeled tomatoes - but I wanted to use my little grape tomatoes...so you arrange the cauliflower in the center of a buttered baking dish and place the tomatoes around the edge...

...season with salt and pepper...

...and some melted Earth Balance...

...it's very pretty like it is...

...spinkle bread crumbs on top...

...and cheese...I used Daiya Mozzarella...

...bake until warmed through and nicely browned...

...it was really good and pretty...and it tasted sort of like pizza with a cauliflower crust...

Substitutions: only Earth Balance for Butter

Recipe here: Mastering the Art of French Cooking

p. 459-460

No comments:

Post a Comment