I'm always veganizing recipes that I love...so...I'm working my way
through all of the amazing recipes in Julia Child's
Mastering the Art of French Cooking...
...making a Vegan Version of each one...... sometimes successfully - sometimes not...Recipe Count 551/524 (from Julie's count)...but really 629

Tuesday, September 10, 2024

Vegan Fondue de Volaille

[Vegan Cream Filling with Chicken or Turkey]

...Julia says "Using exactly the same method and proportions as for the preceding VEGAN FONDUE DE CRUSTACÉS, substitute" vegan chicken instead...haha...
...so you start with sautéing some onions...
...I'm using some Beyond Chicken...and shredding it with a couple of forks...
...add that to the onions...
...add some white wine...(or vermouth or Madeira)...
...she lists the herbs as optional...I'm just going to use some Herbes de Provence...
...then make your white sauce the regular way...vegan butter, flour, she specifies mixing the vegan egg with the cream separately...but since I'm using flax seed goo...it's not going to 'scramble' the vegan egg sub...so I just added it all at once...
...add the shredded vegan chick'n...
...and fold in the vegan cheese...I used Violife mozzarella...but use vegan swiss if you have access to that...
...although Julia calls this a cream filling...I'm using it more like a gravy...over some leftover vegan cream biscuits...
...this was really good...I'd definitely make it again...served over biscuits like this it was like a really flavorful pot pie...

Substitutions:

Vegan Chick'n
Earth Balance for Butter
Almond milk for the cream
Vegan Cheese for the cheese

Recipe here: Mastering the Art of French Cooking (p. 203)

No comments:

Post a Comment